NPE2012 in Orlando, FL
Designs on Display at NPE2012 in Orlando, FL
IPDC is Now Open To Students!
We are pleased to announce that the International Plastics Design Competition (IPDC) is open to students for the first time! Students not only get to enter with a waived entry fee, but they also receive a free Expo Pass to NPE2012.
Please review the following info on how to apply.
Go Beyond the Classroom: Connect with Experts in Your Industry
Enter the only plastics design competition open to any product, any end use and any country. Your design will be on display before thousands of professionals representing the entire industry supply chain as the International Plastics Design Competition co-locates for the second time at NPE. Your entry grants you access to the world’s largest plastics conference, exposition and technology exchange.
Submit Your Work – For Free!
The best part is that as a student, your entry fee is waived! All you have to do is provide us with verification of your current student status by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting a copy of your current transcript or Student ID upon completing the online application. Please note that aside from the requirements relating to supply chain and application fees all items listed in the Judging Criteria and the Entry FAQs apply to Student Entries. Additionally, please consider the following guidelines when preparing and submitting your entry through our application:
How To Apply
- Your entry must be a plastic product and/or utilize a plastic process technology. Plastics must play a crucial role in the in the execution of the product. Your entry should demonstrate innovation made possible by the use of plastics.
- The application may have several fields that may not be applicable to you.
- If so, substitute the required fields accordingly:
• In Step 1, “Company Entering Product” = Your College, Institute or University Name
• In Step 1, “Company Contact Name” = Your Name
• In Step 1, “Company Contact Telephone” = Your primary contact phone number
• In Step 1, “Company Contact E-mail” = your .edu E-mail Address
• In Step 2, “Brand Owner” = please provide your Academic Advisor, Professor, or Faculty Member information
• Press Contact Information = Your Contact Information. You may leave Press Contact Title and Company blank
• Any other Required Fields that do not apply to you please fill in with “STUDENT”
- Two short essays are required to submit your entry. The first one is a 200 word (max) Product Entry Description in which you briefly describe the critical elements of your entry, including the purpose of the product, the intended user and the procedure of operation without using trade names. The second is a 500 word (max) description detailing why the product is innovative. This description is used by the judges to understand why your entry is special. Emphasize the five most important details about the product - the description must have strong promotional appearance for the entry. You must take the time to describe the uniqueness of your part.
Each student entry is eligible for an IPDC Student Award. Introduced for the first time for the 2012 International Plastics Design Competition, the Student Award is presented to the entry voted on by the judges as the best among student entries. Each student entry is also eligible to compete with all applicants for the People's Choice Award—an award selected entirely by the public. People visiting the IPDC website and those attending NPE cast their votes for the entry they find most innovative. This award is open to any entry from any category and it is a great way to give your design even more exposure.
Please note that if you opt in to participate in the online People’s Choice award, the following is also required to submit when applying online:
• A thumbnail image of the product, 200 x 200px (JPEG or PNG only)
• A larger image of the product, not to exceed 500 x 500px (JPEG or PNG only)
Ready to enter your best work? Apply Now!